Top Flue Tile
- Flue tile extends between 2 -4 in above crown
- Cracked flue requires replacement or repair
- Flue must be 2 feet higher anything 10 feet away
- Clay liners must be at least 5/8 inch thick
- Flue liner joints between 1/16 – 1/8 inch
- Liners installed ahead of construction
- Space required around flue tile for thermal expansion
- Space around flue no more than thickness of tile
- Flue sized by fireplace opening (1/8, 1/10, 1/12)
- Flue can be sized by IRC R1003.15.2 height chart
- Masonry chimneys require chimney liners
- Two+ liners need 4 inch separation wythe wall
- Wood stoves require direct connect liner
- Flue liners shall be maintained by filling voids
- ASTM 1283 8.5 & NFPA 211 – 7.213.3
- NFPA 211 – 14.9
- NFPA 211 7.2.3
- ASTM 1283 5.4
- NFPA 211 – 188.8.131.52
- ASTM 1283 8.4 & NFPA 211 – 184.108.40.206
- ASTM 1283 5.6
- NFPA 211 – 13.4.5 (1)
- ASTM 1283 5.5
What Our Customers Are Saying in Deale, Md
"Mike and his team did a great job with the estimate and execution. He is quick to answer your calls and is thorough in his estimation and description of the chimney needs. Their level of communication is excellent. The team showed up early and were very courteous and thorough. I highly recommend them."
"Mike did a great job explaining the services and detailing each of the steps the technician would perform on the date of service. He was courteous and catering to the work I needed to have done. This is now my second experience with A Step in Time Maryland, LLC and will continue to be a repeat customer. Thanks Mike and Dave!!"
"Had a great experience with A Step in Time Maryland, LLC. The owner came out on a weekend to evaluate our fireplace and provided us a fair estimate. He was direct and very comprehensive. The repairmen came out the next week and went above and beyond their duties. They even color-matched the inside of our fireplace! He guaranteed us 25 years to a lifetime warranty on all of our repairs. We thank you for keeping our home safe for years to come."
"A Step In Time Maryland, LLC is the only sweep I’ll ever use. They will inspect and advise on repairs without using pressure. Check around with other sweeps and compare their prices and be sure to understand the materials being used. They inspected mine and advised on repairs...others could not compare to the stainless steel material and their price. You will end up with A Step In Time Maryland, LLC!"
"Met with the owner for the first time yesterday for a chimney liner replacement, and was able to get scheduled right away. Workers came in (on time), did a fast job, and left a really clean space behind. Good people to work with. Would definitely call them again. Thanks!"
14807 Arabian Lane
Bowie, Maryland 20715
P: (301) 232-3570
C: (443) 962-5802
License: MHIC #122750