Chimney Cap Installation and Repair
Chimney Cap Installation and Repair Service
For the safe and smooth operation of the chimney, a chimney cap is very essential. Chimney caps prevent your chimney from getting cluttered with water, debris, snow and thereby prevent the chimney system from damage. Typically made of stainless steel or copper, a chimney cap is placed atop the flue opening and acts as a shield against various harmful elements.
A chimney cap also keeps the spark inside the chimney, preventing the combustible property on your roof from the risk of catching fire in case of a dense flame. At times, a chimney cap can fall into a less functional state and requires significant repair. There are times chimney caps get blocked with twigs, leaves, or any other material.
When your chimney is suffering damage, you need to consult certified chimney technicians and avail their professional chimney cap repair service. In situations, when you see water entering the firebox or a drafting problem in fire, it might be an indication of the urgent need for chimney cap repair.
A Step in Time Chimney Sweeps provides a full range of chimney cap installation and repair services as well as chimney cap installation service to ensure the efficiency and operational safety of your chimney. Our experienced technicians would help you out to make your chimney fully functional again.
Code Ref: R1003.9.1, R1003.9.2, NFPA 211 4.6.2
- Chimney cap required by code
- Cap shall be removable for cleaning
- Mesh will allow 3/8 in sphere
- Mesh will block 1/2 in sphere
- Cap shall be 24 gage stainless steel
- Cap can be 19 gage galvanized steel
- Net free area shall be 4 times flue area
- Cap sloped to shed water
- Cap extends above flue by lesser flue width
Reasons for Chimney Caps
- Keeps rainwater from damaging the chimney liner
- Keeps animals and birds out of the chimney flue
- Prevents wind backdrafts which can smoke into home
- Helps prevent hot embers from landing on the roof
What Our Customers Are Saying in Odenton, MD
"Mike and his team did a great job with the estimate and execution. He is quick to answer your calls and is thorough in his estimation and description of the chimney needs. Their level of communication is excellent. The team showed up early and were very courteous and thorough. I highly recommend them."